We embrace the concept of Local Ministry as a partnership between laity and clergy. In recent years it has been fundamental in nurturing the gifts and supporting those involved in developing their many and varied ministries. One of the outcomes of our recent Parish Formation process however has been to suggest we redefine the Local Ministry Group Terms of Reference and continuing responsibilities in the light of the new opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. This redifinition is likely to be competed by the end of 2009.
Meanwhile we are reminded that the key features of Local Ministry are, and continue to be:
- Explore what our church at Mitford is called to be and do;
- Helping us to choose our priorities;
- Promoting the mission of the church;
- Enable the congregation to develop its faith and discipleship;
- Identify and address the needs of the wider community;
- Discern and nurture the gifts and ministry of everyone;
- Consider support and training needs.